Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oops, I guess I still have a blog!

Actually I did think about posting here every few days since my last post, but really life has been crazy. Keeping the blog updated didn't seem that important.

Anyways, I'm still following the McDougall diet-- when I'm good. :) Oh yeah, and I've lost 12 lbs. Here is something I made awhile ago:

They are little moist and chewy oat nuggets. I don't have an exact recipe but I put some applesauce, carob powder and some chopped dates in a small saucepan and boiled it a bit. I stirred this mixture into a bowl of oats, adding more as needed. Then I spooned and firmly packed a mini-muffin pan and froze them until they were ice cold, but not frozen. You probably don't need to freeze them, but I wanted them cool enough to eat. :)

They kept for a week in the fridge and helped satisfy my craving for chocolate.

One last thing, if you haven't made Vegan Dad's Tofu Pancetta with his Pasta Carbonara, go make it now! My carnivore spouse says this is AMAZING! I thought it was too. :)

No comments: