Thursday, January 22, 2009

McDougalling: Round 2

I'm back on the McDougall program again. Here are a couple of the things I've been eating:


These are the Soy-Free Breakfast Sausage Patties from A Veg*n for Dinner's blog served with shredded potatoes. I made them pretty close to the recipe, except I left out the oil, maple syrup, milk, breadcrumbs and vital wheat gluten. This makes them MWL! :) I also reduced the sage to 1/2 tsp and baked them on a baking stone. They were very good but a bit too salty for me. So next time I make these I'll be reducing the salt content.

Can you spot the mystery roasted veggie? It's a purple potato! You can see what they look like pre-roasting here. Very unusual, but in my opinion quite pretty. They are slightly sweet. Yum!

2 comments:

Tara said...

The breakfast sausage patties look good, and those roasted vegetables are so colorful!

Becks - Not a Rabbit. said...

Are the purple potatoes 'Huckleberry' potatoes? I'd never heard of them until last week when another vegan blogger posted about them! Weird...
The sausage looks really good too >:o)