Monday, November 03, 2008

Some sucking up and falling down the stairs

First let me apologize that I didn't say how good Vegan Dad's brat recipe is earlier. I feel guilty not mentioning it before (for some weird reason). You can find it here. This was actually the first thing I cooked using Vital Wheat Gluten. It was awesome and I took it camping for Vegan Sister & I to munch on. This was about 3 months ago, so no pictures. Sorry!

Secondly, I recently tried A Veg*an for Dinner's TVP Meatballs in the form of burgers. These rocked and the family loved them. They are very filling, so if you are going to make burgers, I'd make them a bit thinner than if you were making ones of beef (ick). You can find the recipe here. Once again, no pictures--we ate them too fast! These babies really stick together, so next time I'm going to simmer them for a bit in sauce. Yummmm.

Ah, today I fell down the stairs for the third time in 5 weeks! I'm ok, just really sore with a baseball sized lump on my tailbone. Those stairs are 'short' and the carpet is worn down giving the edges a slipperyness. So I've been ordered not to cook today/tonight. I don't know when I'll be able to have time in the kitchen again, so there may be awhile before the next cooking post.

I have a semi-big interview tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Good luck on your interview!